City Services


Redington Shores contracts with Indian Shores Police Department, 19305 Gulf Blvd., Indian Shores, 727-595-5414

Police Log

Fire Department:

Redington Shore contracts with Seminole Fire Department: 11195 -70th Avenue North, 727-393-8711


For drop off at Town Hall:

Please note the following concerning acceptable items for recycling:

  • Aluminum --Not Tin--Beverage Cans - Aluminum cans are molded without side seams and are nonmagnetic.  Rinse all food and beverage cans step on it to conserve space. You don't have to remove paper labels.
  • Plastic Bottles, Milk & Water Jugs - Rinse and remove caps and neck rings from containers.
  • Newspapers
  • Cardboard

Please have all containers free of food and rinsed out. Containers with food remaining are NOT recyclable. There are containers for recycling in the parking lot behind Redington Shores Town Hall at 17425 Gulf Boulevard. These are available 24 hours a day.

Curb Side Recycling for Residential Only

Where to take used oil:

If you need to find a collection center that is more convenient, ask your full service station if they will take your oil.  You can collect your oil from cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, and lawn mowers.  Drain your used oil into a clean, clear or translucent plastic container such as a milk jug.  Be sure the lid is tight.  DO NOT MIX used oil with other substances like paint, gasoline, solvents, antifreeze, brake or hydraulic fluid.   Mixing with other substances can transform your used oil into a hazardous waste.   Remember used oil doesn't get old it gets dirty.  So, when buying engine oil ask your dealer for re-refined motor oil.  Buying recycled products is an important part of recycling.

Where to Take Household Hazardous Wastes:

  • Department of Solid Waste Management
    2855 109th Ave. N
    St. Petersburg, FL 33716
    Hours of Operation M-F 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Sat. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Redington Shores Building Department:

Redington Shores Comprehensive Plan

Building Official - Steve Andrews

The Building Dept. reviews plan, issues permits, and inspects all construction work in the Town to ensure compliance with all codes and ordinances.  The Town requires building permits for new construction, additions, interior alterations, alarm systems, pools and spas, roofing, fences, signs, patio covers and enclosures, garages, windows, sheds, driveways, sidewalks, and work on electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and gas systems.

To obtain a permit, you must submit the following documents: permit application; signed contract with homeowner; product approval numbers (windows, doors, etc.); copies of state license and PCCLB card; drawing if appropriate.

All permits require building inspections.   The Town needs a 24-hour notice to schedule an inspection.  You may call for inspections between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 PM.  For Fire Inspections call Seminole Fire Dept. (727) 393-8711

Code Enforcement

The Building Dept. is responsible for the enforcement of the Town of Redington Shores Code of Ordinances.  These include land use and zoning, and life-safety regulations.  You may call the Building Department to report any code violations.

Business Tax Receipt:

Businesses or persons who own property to be used as rentals, or persons who conduct a business or provide a service within the Town must obtain a business tax receipt. Businesses or persons located outside of the Town, but who conduct business in Town (such as contractors, realtors, etc.) must register with the Building Department.

Home Business Tax Receipt

The Town permits a business to be run out of your home in a residential zone with limitations to protect the residential neighborhood.

The exact address of the business or location of the property is required for all approved Business Tax Receipts.  Proper zoning must be established.  You may obtain an application for a business license between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 PM.  Applications must be filled out completely, signed and dated before a license can be issued for the business to commerce.

Fictitious Name Act: if your business uses any name other than your own, you must register or re-register it under the Fictitious Name Act with The State of Florida, Division of Corporations in Tallahassee.  This requirement does not apply to corporations.

State of Florida Hotel and Restaurant

Any business dealing with foods, pest control, and/or any health-affecting product or service, public swimming pools, individual sewage disposal facilities, trailer parks, bottled water planets, food processing plants, food outlets, and restaurants needs a Health Food Permit.  The type of food business you have determines the agency that inspects your business.  A list of those agencies follows:

  • State of Florida Hotel & Restaurant, 1313 Tampa Street, No. 106
    Tampa, FL 33602 - 850-487-1395
  • State of Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Food and Safety Inspection- 850-488-3022
  • State Sales Tax: Call 727-538-7400 for more information

The Redington Shores Town Hall provides a fax and copy machines for your convenience as well as notary services.


Home | Town Officials | Meeting Agendas | Meeting Minutes | City Services | EAR | Town Calendar | FEMA
LMS | Local Businesses | Projects Updates | NPDES | Vacation Guide | Recreation | Contracts/Bids | Contact Info